St Matthew's CoE Academy
As a small Academy, located on the outskirts of Stoke on Trent, we feel we have a very welcoming and caring family atmosphere where everyone feels valued.
At St Matthew's all staff insist on high standards and strive to ensure that every child achieves their maximum potential in all spheres of learning.
We aim to provide a broad, balanced and enriching curriculum which is enhanced further by a variety of visitors into the classroom and educational visits which support and deepen the pupils' understanding.
We aim for all our children to:
- Provide a safe, happy and stimulating environment which promotes successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective, caring contributors
- Encourage high standards across the curriculum, allowing all pupils to reach their full potential
- Foster an ethos of achievement which values effort and celebrate success
- Acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes relevant to the changing world in which they live
- Respect and value themselves, other people and the environment, and have well developed communication and social skills by recognising themselves as citizens of the wider world
- Develop enquiring minds with motivation to learn both independently and collaboratively
- Take responsibility for their actions and make informed choices
- Have self-confidence and high self-esteem
- Respond thoughtfully to spiritual, moral (and religious) questions/issues in order to prepare them for adult life and life-long learning
- To further their aspirations with the Christian faith underpinning their journey
Welcome to St Matthew's Church of England Academy. As a Church of England Academy the teachings of Jesus are at the very centre of the daily lives of the staff and pupils. Therefore, our Christian ethos is of paramount importance and permeates all strands of Academy life.
Together we work, play, learn and pray with Jesus
This statement centres on our shared belief in everyone in the school community working together: ensuring that all of our pupil's education is at the heart of our academy in achieving a level of excellence for all of their learning, whether that be academic, artistic or practical."
Mr P Mitchell
St Matthew's Church of England Academy
Lightwood Road, Rough Close,
Stoke on Trent, Staffs ST3 7NE